Friday, March 25, 2011

Overheard: Crazy pro-choicer Jane Cawthorne

I couldn't make this lunacy up if I tried.

From a guest post on the Abortion Gang Blog by Jane Cawthorne:
There are a lot of things to worry about right now. Last weekend, I attended a conference on climate change. It was devastating, if unintentionally so. I left knowing that it is less likely my daughter will reach fifty years old than I will, and if she does, she will live in a world markedly different from the one I know.
Seriously!

What climate change kooks are claiming that climate change is going to significantly reduce life expectancy in the next 50 years? How did they not get laughed off the stage?

Then Jane explains prolifers like me are in denial and our focus on saving unborn lives helps us deny how scary climate change is.
Then I started to wonder if the current frenzy of activity among anti-choicers is motivated by denial. All this focus on the fetus might be their way of forgetting that post-utero humanity is in pretty big trouble. Anti-choicers are pretty busy right now. If you read the news, Abortion seems to be the single most important issue in America, even more important than the economy, and certainly more important than climate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment