Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Overheard: Powers responds to Marcotte

The RH Reality Check has published a letter from Kirsten Powers in response to one of Amanda Marcotte's typical strawman-laden, argument-deficient posts about a Powers' column.

Here's a portion of Powers' response:
Marcotte also claimed on your site that, "Kirsten Powers would have you believe everyone who struggles with work schedules, child care or transportation, or funding is just stupid and lazy."

I'm curious on what basis she makes this claim? If you read my column, you will see that I never touch on this issue even tangentially and I can assure you I hold no such view. Amanda Marcotte made this up from whole cloth. This should be concerning to you, especially considering your stated journalistic standards.

I always welcome feedback and criticism on my columns, but I do ask that it somehow relates to what I actually wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment