Monday, June 20, 2011

Overheard: Casey Anthony and abortion

Stand True Missionary Mike Strain writes about the Casey Anthony trial:
The general public has swarmed over this story, prying for every horrible and tragic detail, in an effort to know how a mother could do such a thing, especially to such a young and beautiful child. The details of the murder are unimaginable and grotesque. They seem quite surreal, coming from a young mother in a suburban Florida neighborhood. As a nation, we seem to ask: "What can cause someone to be so inhuman?"

I believe that the answer lies in a diary entry, written by Casey Anthony, that was dated June 21st, which is as follows, "I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out OK. I completely trust my own judgment and know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see – This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow– I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people– I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change." This does not seem like the diary of a woman who has just murdered her child, although it bears chilling similarity to the way that abortion is justified in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment