Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life Links 12/12/12

Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin is challenging the state's RU-486 abortion law which led them to stop performing RU-486 chemical abortions in April.
The suit in U.S. District Court in Madison challenges the law, which requires doctors and patients to take a series of steps before a woman can receive a so-called "pill abortion." Doctors who fail to follow some of the requirements can be subjected to criminal charges, civil penalties or disciplinary actions, the lawsuit said.

Texas will apparently be moving to ban abortions after 20 weeks according to Governor Perry.
"Let me be clear, my goal — and the goal of many of those joining me here today — is to make abortion at any stage a thing of the past," Perry said. "But while Roe vs. Wade prohibits us from taking that step, it does allow us, the states, to do some things to protect life if they can show there is a compelling state interest. I don't think there's any issue that better fits the definition of a compelling state interest than preventing the suffering of our state's unborn."

The Wall Street Journal has a long article on the abortion clinic in Mississippi suing to stay open after their main abortionist was unable to get admitting privileges at any of the local hospitals.


A sitting judge in Michigan attempted to convince his girlfriend (whom he met when she was a plaintiff in his courtroom) to get an abortion after his wife found out about the child.
So it was supposed to be happily ever after until she says McCree got cold feet. According to the text sent from McCree's phone, his wife found out about the baby and wouldn't grant him the divorce unless Mott aborted it.
McCree: YEAH LET'S TALK!!! I WANT (AND SO DOES LAVERNE) THIS TERMINATION. U'LL GET WHATEVER U WANT 4 IT! I'VE BEEN CLEAR ON IT FROM THE GET GO!!! WHATEVER U WANT, YOU SHALL HAVE!!!
Mott: O NO... U ACT LIKE I'M HOLDING THIS OVER U... YOU ASKED ME 2 GET THE ABORTION 2 HELP YOU IN YOUR DIVORCE CASE.
I asked her what she believes people will think of her when they see this story. "I'm sure the same thing I would think watching a news story that she knew what she was getting into messing with a married man. And that's pretty much it. She should've never got involved. She should've known he wasn't going to leave. The typical. And that's why it was a fling, something to do for the summer, and it turned into more.... And, of course, I believed him with everything, you know, his actions, showed me that he was leaving, he filed for divorce. I mean, there was nothing to say that we weren't moving forward," said Mott.
Is she going to keep the child? "Yes. I never wanted to have the abortion in the first place."

No comments:

Post a Comment